Seventh Generation Laundry Powder Free & Clear 70 loads - 4 x 112 ozs.
Laundry Powder, Free&Clear, 42 loads
Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent with Non-Chlorine Bleach, Free and Clear of Perfumes and Dyes. Non-Toxic, Biodegradable, Hypo-Allergenic. Removes Stains. Brightens Colors. Ultra Concentrated. Color Safe.
Convenient measuring scoop included made from 100% pre-consumer recycled plastic.
“In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.” -- from The Great Law of The Iroquois Confederacy.
“Thank you for purchasing Seventh Generation products and for caring enough to help make the world a healthier and safer place for this and the next seven generations.” -- Jeffrey Hollender, Founder & President.
You Are Making A Difference: If every household in the U.S. replaced just one box of 42 load petroleum based powder laundry detergent with our vegetable based product, we could save 217,000 barrels of oil, enough to heat and cool 12,500 U.S. homes for a year!
Non-toxic. Biodegradable. NO phosphates. NO petroleum based cleaners. NO chlorine bleach. No optical brighteners. NO dyes or artificial fragrances. NO NTA or EDTA. Safe for septic and greywater systems.
Our Free and Clear laundry powder is tough on dirt and stains, but gentle on your clothes and the earth. Unlike conventional laundry detergents, ours won’t leave residues or fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin and noses.
Why are vegetable based cleaners better? Most laundry detergents are made from petroleum based cleaners which use oil, a precious, limited natural resource that will someday be depleted. Our vegetable based cleaners are made from a renewable resource and therefore save petroleum.
What are optical brighteners? Found in most laundry detergents (but of course not ours) these fluorescent chemicals convert ultraviolet light to blue-white light that makes whites appear whiter. They don’t readily biodegrade and are often toxic to aquatic life.
What are phosphates? Phosphates are used in detergents to soften water. Phosphates can cause algae blooms in lakes and ponds that can lead to the suffocation of aquatic plants and animals.
Why is chlorine bleaching dangerous? The production and use of chlorine bleach creates dangerous toxins such as dioxin, furans, and other organochlorines. Once loose in the environment, these chemicals accumulate in both people and animals. Hundreds of studies have shown a direct link between dioxin exposure and cancer, birth defects and developmental and reproductive disorders. The non-chlorine bleach in our laundry powder is an oxygen safe bleach, which readily degrades into oxygen and water.
Why is the word “CAUTION” used on our product? Even though this product is non-toxic, we still need to use “caution” because all powders could cause eye irritation and harm if swallowed.
Unlike many conventional cleaning products, we use only those ingredients that do not pose any chronic health risks and are safe for the environment. We disclose all ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Naturally derived cleaning agents (Coconut-based surfactant), non-chlorine all color bleach and whitener (Sodium Percarbonate and non-animal derived enzymes to remove protein and starch stains); soil dispersant to prevent soil redeposition (Carboxymethyl Cellulose); and water softener (Soda Ash, a naturally occurring mineral).
- For Best Results: Sort -- Follow garment care label instructions. Pretreat -- Mix a little water with the powder to form a paste and rub gently into stain before washing. Measure -- Fill to the first line of measuring scoop for medium loads; up to 1/4 scoop more for heavily soiled or larger loads. Pour -- Pour into washer as it fills with water, then add laundry. Washing full loads helps conserve water.
- Washes 42 average loads. The exact number from each box will vary due to the amount of settling in the box and the method of scooping.
- Individual packages of this product may weigh slightly more or less than the marked weight due to normal variations incurred with high speed packaging machines, but each day’s production averages slightly above the marked weight.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children.
- Caution: Eye irritant. In case of eye contact, flush with water for at least 15 minutes.
- Caution: Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed, drink a glassful of water, contact a physician.
- Not tested on animals.
- No animal ingredients.
- Certified Kosher COR 328.