Lundberg White Arborio Rice Eco-Farmed Gluten-Free - 2 lbs.
White Arborio Rice, EcoFarmed
Authentic Italian Medium Grain Rice. Eco-Farmed. Gluten Free. "Always in Balance with Nature."
Lundberg Family Farms is proud to present the first Arborio rice grown in the USA. Lundberg Eco-Farmed Arborio originates from authentic superfine Italian seeds. This rice is prized for its use in traditional risotto and paella recipes. The unique properties of this Arborio rice emerge as the rice is cooked and stirred and a creamy sauce forms around large “al dente” grains. The rice carries and amplifies any flavor profile, and is recommended for use in risotto and paella recipes. Please try the basic recipe (on package) and enjoy a unique, classic Italian gourmet experience.
"Always in Balance with Nature:" Lundberg Family Farms has been growing healthy, high quality, great tasting rice in Northern California since 1937. Our Eco-Farmed rice is grown using a combination of eco-positive farming methods from prior generations and innovation from today. Our highest priorities include improving the soil while protecting the air, water, and wildlife.
- We return rice straw to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
- Eco-Farmed rice is grown with limited chemicals, allowing rice to compete with weeds and pests.
- We practice crop rotation, utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
- We provide valuable habitat for a variety of animals. For example, migrating waterfowl rest in flooded fields during the winter and in return they help to decompose straw and improve soil fertility.
- We practice water-conserving irrigation.
- Lundberg Family Farms does not grow genetically engineered rice varieties.
- We use only natural pest control systems in our handling and processing facilities.
- We purchase green power for our handling and processing facilities.
We care for our rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quality rice. We hope you enjoy all of our rice products. ~ Eldon, Wendell, Homer and Harlan
INGREDIENTS: Eco-Farmed White Arborio Rice.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup, dry (56 g)
Servings per Container: about 16
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 43 g 14%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Stove-top Cooking Instructions:
Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice) 2-3 4-6 8-10
Rice (dry) 1/2 cup 1 cup 2 cups
Water or broth 3/4 cup 1 1/2 c. 3 cups
Butter, oil, or margarine 1 1/2 tsp. 1 Tbs. 2 Tbs.
- 1. Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
- (To prepare in rice cooker use same water-rice ratios.)
- We recommend refrigeration for extended shelf life.
- Gluten Free.
- Kosher K.