Books Vitamin D - 1 book
Vitamin D is the essential vitamin your body needs to thrive. Between 70 to 90 percent of North Americans don't get enough vitamin D. This deficiency is one of the root causes of a number of dangerous chronic conditions, including cancer, heart disease, stroke, depression, osteoarthritis, and more.
Sunlight, the best source of vitamin D, has been avoided due to concerns that sun exposure contributes to skin cancer. However, recent research shows that survival rates from melanoma can actually be improved with safe exposure to sunlight .
Physician Zoltan Rona, a specialist in preventative medicine and natural, complementary therapies, explains in this book:
- the role vitamin D plays in disease prevention and the restoration of health;
- why the sun is still the best source of this vitamin;
- misconceptions about the right time of day for sun exposure;
- what supplements afford the best protection;
- the pros and cons of sunscreens;
- and why the recommended dosage of vitamin D is increasing.
This information will enable you the enjoy the sunshine safely and provide a clear understanding of the powerful benefits of Vitamin D.
About the Author
Dr. Rona practices complementary and alternative medicine in Toronto. He is the author of Return to The Joy of Health and many Alive Natural Health Guides including Boosting Male Libido Naturally and Natural Alternatives to Vaccination.
Paperback 96 pages.