Azure Farm Barley Flour (Unifine) Organic - 19 ozs.
Azure Farm Barley Flour, Org (Unifin
These flours are made using the Unifine Process. In the Unifine Process the grain enters a high speed rotor and is instantly shattered into fine flour - even the bran and germ are burst! Air goes through the rotor with the grain and blows the flour out, thus keeping it cool throughout the process, retaining many nutrients. With the Unifine Process the natural oils in the grain are kept intact and do not get hot like in regular grain milling and stoneground milling.
This mild-flavored flour made from barley grain contains some gluten. It is low in fat. Aside from being used in baked goods, barley flour can also be used as a thickener, much like flour, for people on a wheat-restricted diet.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Barley Flour.
- This flour is processed in a mill which also processes wheat flours.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30 g)
Servings Per Container: About 378 (25 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 151 (10 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 76 (5 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 18 (19 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 g 1%
Trans Fat -- g
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g 14%
Protein 4 g
Not a significant source of saturated fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.
- Basic Instructions: It should be combined with wheat or bread flour. Use 1 part barley to 4 parts wheat or bread flour. It can be substituted for up to half the wheat flour called for in a baking recipe. When substituting a recipe replace 1 cup of flour with 1 1/3 cups barley flour.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!