Azure Farm Flax Seeds Golden Organic - 10 lbs.
Azure Farm Golden Flax Seeds, Org
Tiny golden gems packed with rarely consumed oils, lignans, fibers and proteins your body is almost certainly craving!
To prevent certain forms of cancer (colon or breast) and aid in the prevention of coronary disease, you need between 25-30 grams of fiber! ¼ cup of golden flax seeds provides you with 11.7 grams of fiber. There is simply no other food so easy to eat of higher fiber content.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Golden Flax Seeds.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (12 g)
Servings Per Container: About 1890 (50 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 945 (25 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 378 (10 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 189 (5 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 78 (33 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount % DV
Calories from Fat 35
Total Fat 4 g 6%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 13%
Sugars -- g
Protein 2 g
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Basic Instructions: For easier digestion and better nutritional benefit, grind flax seeds in a small coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Ground flax seeds taste nutty, a bit like wheat germ. Sprinkle on foods, uncooked, for maximum benefit.
- Flax as Egg Replacer Instructions: Grind seeds, then gradually add enough water to make an egg-like consistency. Use in place of an egg.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!