Books Hood River Valley ~ Land of Plenty - 1 book
Hood River Valley ~ Land of Plenty
Photography by Peter Marbach
Text by Janet Cook
What is it that attracts visitors by the thousands - national and world attention - and a fierce hometown loyalty by its inhabitants to the Hood River Valley?
Is it the grandeur of its panoramic vistas, all in their alpine-like settings, scattered at the base of the magnificent snow-capped Mount Hood?
Or perhaps the absolutely perfect combination of wind and water that crowns the area as “The Windsurfing Capital of the World?”
But then, who can overlook the fertility of the valley soil, the pure, rushing water from Mount Hood snowpacks and the direct Oregon sunlight that makes the valley one of the most abundant fruit-producing areas of the world?
Perhaps it is a bit of all this diversity of people, landscape, weather, crops and charm that attracts so many to the Hood River Valley. Come... explore with Peter Marbach and Janet Cook, the enchanted Land of Planty - The Hood River Valley.
- Peter Marbach resides in Hood River with his wife Lorena, and daughter, Sofia. Peter's passion for the outdoors began in earnest in the 1980's by hiking the lengths of the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The Pennine Way in Great Britian.
- His first book with Beautiful America, Oregon Harvest, received critical acclaim for documenting the beauty of Oregon's farm country and the people who work the land.
- Peter's photography has appeared in numerous national publications. His stock collections of wilderness and agricultural landscapes has been used in calendars, books, magazines and advertising. Several of his award winning farmscapes are part of a permanent collection at Oregon State University's Art About Agriculture Exhibit.
- He has published several fine art posters, including three consecutive Mt Hood Jazz Festival Commemorative prints and his most recent, "Morning At Mount Hood." More information on peter can be found at www.petermarbachphotography.com.
- Hardbound, 80 pages.11" x 8 1/2"