Lundberg Jasmine Brown Rice Organic Gluten-Free - 2 lbs.
Jasmine Brown Rice, Organic
California Brown Jasmine, Aromatic Long Grain Rice. Organic. Gluten Free. "Purity You Can Taste."
Jasmine is a naturally aromatic long grain rice originally grown only in Thailand. But now this tasty California Brown Jasmine rice grows organically at Lundberg Family Farms. While cooking, this exotic rice fills your kitchen with a delicate scent. The lovely aroma and flavor are natural - nothing is added to the rice. The grain cooks up moist and tender with a light soft texture and delicate flavor. Jasmine rice is very versatile - use it as a side dish or in pilafs and desserts. We hope you enjoy our aromatic rice sensation!
"Purity You Can Taste:" Lundberg Family Farms has been growing healthy, high quality, great tasting rice in Northern California since 1937. Our rice is grown using organic farming methods from prior generations and innovations from today. Our highest priorities include improving the soil while protecting the air, water, and wildlife.
- Rice straw is returned to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
- We use only approved organic inputs to grow organic rice.
- Our crop rotation practices include utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
- Lundberg Family Farms does not grow genetically engineered rice varieties.
- The fields provide valuable habitat for a variety of animals. Migrating waterfowl inhabit flooded fields during the winter - they provide natural fertilizer and aid straw decomposition.
- We practice water-conserving irrigation.
- We purchase green power for our handling and processing facilities.
We care for our rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quality rice. We hope you enjoy all of our rice products. ~ Eldon, Wendell, Harlan and Homer Lundberg.
INGREDIENTS: Organic California Brown Jasmine Rice.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup, dry (45 g)
Servings per Container: about 20
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 13
Total Fat 2 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 34 g 11%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Stove-top Cooking Instructions:
Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice) 2-3 4-6 8-10
Rice (dry) 1/2 cup 1 cup 2 cups
Water or broth 1 cup 2 cups 4 cups
Butter, oil, or margarine 1 1/2 tsp. 1 Tbs. 2 Tbs.
- 1. Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
- (To prepare in rice cooker use same water-rice ratios.)
- We recommend refrigeration for extended shelf life.
- Gluten Free.
- Kosher K.