Lundberg Rice Long Grain Brown Organic - 5 lbs.
Rice, Long Grain, Brown, Organic
Long Grain Brown, A Premium Long Grain Rice. Organic. Gluten Free. "Purity You Can Taste."
Long grain brown rice enjoys great popularity because, after cooking, the grains remain fluffy and separate. Because of these properties, long grain brown rice is especially suitable in stuffings, pilafs, salads, casseroles, and stir-fry dishes.
"Purity You Can Taste:" Lundberg Family Farms has been growing healthy, high quality, great tasting rice in Northern California since 1937. Our rice is grown using organic farming methods from prior generations and innovations from today. Our highest priorities include improving the soil while protecting the air, water, and wildlife.
- Rice straw is returned to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
- We use only approved organic inputs to grow organic rice.
- Our crop rotation practices include utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
- Lundberg Family Farms does not grow genetically engineered rice varieties.
- The fields provide valuable habitat for a variety of animals. Migrating waterfowl inhabit flooded fields during the winter - they provide natural fertilizer and aid straw decomposition.
- We practice water-conserving irrigation.
- We purchase green power for our handling and processing facilities.
We care for our rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quality rice. We hope you enjoy all of our rice products. ~ Eldon, Wendell, Harlan and Homer Lundberg.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Long Grain Brown Rice.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup, dry (49 g)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 15
Total Fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 38 g 13%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 13%
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Stove-top Cooking Instructions:
Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice) 2-3 4-6 8-10
Rice (dry) 1/2 cup 1 cup 2 cups
Water or broth 1 cup 2 cups 4 cups
Butter, oil, or margarine 1 1/2 tsp. 1 Tbs. 2 Tbs.
- 1. Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
- (To prepare in rice cooker use same water-rice ratios.)
- We recommend refrigeration for extended shelf life.
- Gluten Free.
- Kosher K.