Azure Farm Rye Flour (Unifine) Organic - 5 lbs.
Rye Flour, Organic (Unifine)
These flours are made using the Unifine Process. In the Unifine Process the grain enters a high speed rotor and is instantly shattered into fine flour - even the bran and germ are burst! Air goes through the rotor with the grain and blows the flour out, thus keeping it cool throughout the process, retaining many nutrients. With the Unifine Process the natural oils in the grain are kept intact and do not get hot like in regular grain milling and stoneground milling.
Rye has a stronger flavor than most grains. It is low in gluten and therefore needs to be used with flours that have more gluten (such as wheat) when making breads which need to rise.
INGREDIENTS: Certified Organic Rye Flour.
- This flour is processed in a mill which also processes wheat flours.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30 g)
Servings Per Container: About 756 (50 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 378 (25 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 151 (10 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 76 (5 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 24 (26 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Trans Fat -- g
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 20 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g 16%
Protein 5 g
Not a significant source of saturated fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Basic Cooking Instructions: Use to replace part of the amount of wheat flour called for in a recipe.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!