Azure Farm Wheat Berries Soft White Organic - 50 lbs.
Wheat Berries, Soft White, Org
Soft White Wheat which is lower in protein and higher in carbohydrates than the Hard Wheat varieties and its flour is therefore better suited for pastries, cookies, muffins, cakes, pancakes, and waffles. Soft white wheat is also the choice for sprouting.
INGREDIENTS: Certified Organic Soft White Wheat Berries.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (46 g)
Servings Per Container: About 493 (50 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 246 (25 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 49 (5 lb. size)
Servings Per Container: About 20 (33 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 1%
Trans Fat -- g
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 35 g 12%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 23%
Protein 5 g
Not a significant source of saturated fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Basic Cooking Instructions: Add 1 cup grain to 3 cups boiling water. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 hours (50-60 minutes if presoaked).
- Sprouting Instructions: Soak 1 cup of wheat berries for 12 hours in a jar of water. If using the tray method and the holes are small, you can put the soaked seeds directly on the tray. Once they have sprouted, spread them out and place the entire tray inside a clear plastic bag. Punch a few holes in the bag to let air circulate. Keep the bottom of the tray slightly elevated to allow air to reach the roots. Rinse at least twice a day. The sprouts should be ready in 2 to 3 days.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!