Azure Farm Whole Wheat Bread Machine Mix Organic - 8 x 1 lb.
Whole Wheat Bread Machine Mix, Org
These bread machine mixes are made with Unifine Processed Organic Hard Red Whole Wheat flour. In the Unifine Process the grain enters a high speed rotor and is instantly shattered into fine flour - even the bran and germ are burst! Air goes through the rotor with the grain and blows the flour out, thus keeping it cool throughout the process, retaining many nutrients. With the Unifine Process the natural oils in the grain are kept intact and do not get hot like in regular grain milling and stoneground milling.
Our first whole wheat bread machine mix ~ from us to your machine to your table. Just add warm water, yeast, oil and honey ~ let your bread machine do the rest!
INGREDIENTS: Organic Hard Red Wheat Flour (Unifine), Organic Unbleached White Flour, Organic Vital Wheat Gluten Flour, RealSalt.
Serving Size: About 1/4 cup (31 g)
Servings Per Container: About 15 (16 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount % DV
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Sodium 200 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 22 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Protein 5 g
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Basic Bread Machine Instructions: Take the bread machine pan out of the bread machine. Pour in 1 cup water, then 1/3 cup oil, then 1/3 cup honey. Add dry bread mix (1 lb.). Make a sunken area in the top of the dry ingredients. Place the yeast (1 pkt - 2 1/4 tsp.) in the sunken area. Put the pan in the bread machine and set for Regular-Light Loaf, which should take 2 hours and 40 minutes. Time may vary by machine.
- Hand Preparation: In a medium size mixing bowl, dissolve 1 pkt (2 1.4 tsp.) yeast in 1 cup warm water. Stir in 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup honey. Gradually stir in 1 lb. (rounded 3 3/4 cups) dry bread mix, kneading by hand until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Cover; let rise 1 hour. Place formed loaf in greased bread pan. Cover; let rise until double. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!