Books Real Fermentation - 1 book
Limited Items Selling Fast
poup with stuff in it close
By: Alex Lewin
Paperback. 176 pages.
Preserving Whole Fresh Food with Live Cultures in Your Home Kitchen
Preserve your favorite foods through every season with Real Food Fermentation. Control your own ingredients, techniques, and additives. Learn a practical food-preparation skill you’ll use again and again. And express yourself by making something unique and whole.
Inside, you’ll find:
- All the basics: the process, the tools, and how to get started
- A guide to choosing the right ingredients
- Sauerkraut and beyond—how to ferment vegetables, including slaw-style, pickles, and kimchi
- How to ferment dairy into yogurt, kefir, crème fraîche, and butter
- How to ferment fruits, from lemons to tomatoes, and how to serve them
- How to ferment your own beverages, including mead, kombucha, vinegar, and ginger ale
- A primer on fermented meat, fish, soy, bread, and more
Everything you need to know about why the recipes work, why they are safe, what to do if they go wrong, and how to modify them to suit your taste.